Here we go again with something mini. I have said before how much I think that when it comes to food, mini is usually better. At least to me, anyway.
Since I cook a big meal almost every night during the week, I usually try to find something easy to fix for the weekend. Egg salad is so quick and easy to make and I almost always have all the ingredients to make it on hand. It is something that everyone around here likes and I can even make it up ahead of time.
I always make this with these Zingy Pickles. If you haven’t tried them yet, I would encourage you to do so. They are fantastic and give this a great flavor.
** For the Gluten Free version, just use a GF bread and bacon.
Egg Salad Mini’s
- 1/3 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/3 cup spicy pickles, finely diced (You can use your favorite pickles)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Vidalia or sweet onion, finely diced
- 6 eggs hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1tbs yellow mustard
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Kings Hawaiian Buns, you can use small water rolls or whatever you prefer.
Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix gently until well combined. Slice open the buns and fill with egg salad. Serve!