After a family trip to Bok Tower Gardens for a picnic we all came back to our house for some more R&R. I wanted something quick to fix but great to snack on. I looked in the cabinets and just grabbed a few ingredients to throw together. I had never made a black bean salsa before and wasn’t sure what to do, but this turned out so delish! It had just the right amount of all the right flavors and was so fresh. This is so easy it only took about 10 minutes to prepare. You could substitute your favorite ingredients to this and make it your own. It makes a perfect appetizer on a hot summer day and uses ingredients available even in the winter months! Enjoy!
Easy Peasy Black Bean Salsa
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can gold and white corn (drained)
- 2 small tomatoes or 4 Plum tomatoes (diced small)
- Handful of Cilantro (chopped)
- ½ Vidalia or Sweet onion (diced small)
- 1 jalapeño (seeded & diced small) (You can use more if you want more heat.)
- 1 Bag of Tostitos Artisan Blend – Savory Garlic and Black Bean Tortillas
Empty can of beans and can of corn into a colander in the sink and allow to completely drain of all juices. You may want to give the colander a few shakes just to make sure it’s all out.
While that is draining dice up your tomatoes, onion and jalapeno and place into a medium size mixing bowl. Chop up the cilantro and add into the bowl. Add in the beans and corn and mix all ingredients well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips. This will last for about 2 days in the fridge.