When I was pregnant with my daughter, I ate this salad almost every single day for 9 months. I craved it. It made me happy. It is simple, delicious and good for you! You could add any lettuce or fruit combination you prefer, but I just like the way all of these flavors mix together. I use the Kraft brand Poppy Seed dressing in it because it is really, really good, easy to find and less expensive than some of the others out there. If you haven’t tried it, you should.
Yummy Summer Salad
- Green leaf lettuce (You can use whatever lettuce tickles your fancy)
- ¼ – ½ cup Gala apple, chopped up in bit size pieces
- ¼ – ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ – ½ cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- ¼ – ½ cup strawberries, quartered
- ¼ cup walnuts, rough chopped
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles OR ¼ Gruyere shredded
- Poppy seed dressing
Chop up the lettuce in bit size pieces and place in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add dressing and enjoy!